Thursday, May 15, 2008

California Vacations...

Okay well I don't really have anything important to post tonight, we have all been really busy the past couple weeks with work, photography and all the end of the school year testing the kids have... only one week left! We are looking forward to a relaxing summer. Usually Lance and I take the kids to California for summer vacation, we have a lot of friends and family there, so we usually start out in San Diego and stay at Aunt Debbie's and Uncle Bills house (which is the equivalent to a first class hotel...thanx guys!) we visit friends and hit the beach for a few days before heading up to my Dad's house in the Bay Area... the boys always want to go to a ball game, that's probably the only planned thing we do (We've seen the Padres, the A's and the Giants play) otherwise we just play it by ear... we have taken them everywhere from wineries in Napa Valley to Six Flags Marine World/Great America, to Golden Gate Park in San Francisco and Fisherman's Wharf, to shopping on Telegraph St. in Berkeley... we've been to Disneyland and Sea World and of course the beach...We all love Grandpas house the boys like to hang out in the band room and we all love the pool! We always wind down our trip in Bakersfield we stay with our friends Aaron and Shone and hang out with all Lances friends, who he grew up with.... we love you guys! Ahh California

This year is going to be a little different though, I'm going to take the kids out with my Mom, we will probably just go out to my Dads house and visit our family out there, my Grandpa Herb (my Mom's Dad) is getting really old and frail and is suffering from Parkinson's disease, so she really needs to see him. It sure is going to be different not having Lance there on vacation though... I guess that just means we will have to go again soon!

1 comment:

Chanelle said...

Poor Lance :(
next time I go to California I'm gonna ask you where to go cuz it looks like you've seen it all.